About the group

Cloud computing’s adoption in education has broadened the possibilities as SaaS models open a gateway for innovation, including next generation integration capabilities.  In order to continue supporting you on your path to SaaS deployments, our goal is to ensure that our integration framework is SaaS aligned. With that in mind, as of January 1, 2024, Blackboard will wind down all Building Block (B2) support in Blackboard Learn and move to integrations based on REST APIs, IMS LTI standards and Partner Cloud.  

Building Block Support Tracker

We invite you to contribute to our Building Block Support tracker. You can feedback on the integration alternatives provided by Anthology and its partners, and to ultimately enhance communication between the involved parties.

Building Block Support Tracker - (https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqjUbYyfP6T9ggebZKZfTSO0gkNB?e=3YchNk)

Useful Documents 

Take part in the Discussion

Relevance
Megan Hamilton
I see in the notes that the ILP Integration building block support is extended to June 30, 2024. Do we have any updates as to when a replacement will be available?  This block contains web service endpoint values that the ILP5 data ...

We met with an Ellucian Consultant who advised that a Rest API is available and is needed to replace the ...

Megan Hamilton
I need some clarification due to receiving conflicting information. In the latest version of the Partner Cloud Integration Updates article on Behind Blackboard, it is indicated that the Pearson Revel Partner Cloud integration has ...
Heather Crites
Hello! This is a question for Blackboard/Anthology.  As a part of the B2 EOL, I followed up with Respondus Support today on a B2 replacement solution for LockDown Browser in Original Courses. Their response was canned, basically ...

@Heather Crites
I'd like to hear an official statement as well. Unofficially, I've been told verbally that ...

@Jacob Martar
Exactly. If the solution is going to be to include the Respondus LockDown Browser B2 as a part of the ...

Lauren Hives
Hi guys, Is there any way to replace content items created by the B2 with LTI placements from the new tool replacing it?? Has anyone got a method of doing this that they can share?
Chris Bray Chris Bray Dec '23

@Lauren Hives if there's a migration tool, yes.

Heather Crites did do her own Kaltura B2 to LTI migration using a ton ...

@Chris Bray Thanks for this but I think I asked the wrong thing because the thing we are trying to replace is a B2 ...

Alberto Giovanola
As a part of the B2 EOL, I'd like to ask what will happen to the SCORM Player (made by Rustici Software LLC). Will a new SCORM player compatible with ULTRA and ORIGINAL courses be implemented? Or will the Building Block continue to work as ...
Bob McLean Bob McLean Oct '23

We are also using the Scorm Engine Building block.  There does not seem to be a replacement LTI. 

@Bob McLean @Alberto Giovanola  Hi Both - Based on the B2 EOL- Nov 23.pdf found here:

I was assuming that the SCORM ...

Heather Crites
In the September 26 Learn Office Hours call, a short presentation was given on the current status of the B2 EOL.  The list of building blocks with extensions/exemptions that was shared was different than the original list shared in ...

@Heather Crites I went and found the presentation on the updated exceptions and extensions. Until they update the ...

Melissa Melissa Harris
Hello, We have a few B2s installed that are not on the tracking spreadsheet. They may be legacy from previous installs but I wanted to check and make sure. They include: Blackboard Link Checker Blackboard New Feature Suggestions ...

Me again! I have found answers (or are closer to them) for most of these, with the exception of SCT Gateway. I found a ...

@Melissa Melissa Harris I suggest posting the “extra” ones you've identified on the spreadsheet. You don't need ...

Tim Lambert
      As we transition from building blocks to LTI, is there a query to help identify courses that are currently using building blocks? As far as I can tell, when a building block tool is added to a course, the cnthndlr_handle in the course ...
      Chris Bray Chris Bray Jun '23

@Tim Lambert
      I have several DDA queries at 

Thanks Chris, these are very useful. 

I'm finding however that many of the tools that get added to courses end up ...

Megan Hamilton
      We have been monitoring the B2 EOL Community on the Anthology Community website, but do not see a reference to McGraw Hill Campus specifically in the tracking sheet. We have a B2 called McGraw-Hill Campus version 9.2.76.11. Was this B2 ...

@Megan Hamilton Hi Megan, McGraw Hill has an LTI in place to replace the Building Block you mentioned, per their ...

@Erick Beltran Thank you for sharing this information. In speaking with our McGraw Hill Platform Integration ...

Clint Brooks
      Has someone hidden rows in the online B2 EOL tracker worksheet? I cannot access Rows 2-49 or 51-74.  

@Clint Brooks Everything appears to be visible now.

Group Admins